Classic Chicken Salad
There is nothing better than a bowl of tasty chicken salad to treat all of member in family on dining table today, right? Let try with our Classic Chicken Salad that you will fall in love immediately. The simple reason, it’s sweet, savory and satisfying. Just a few ingredients can be transformed into a cold, creamy salad. So, it is topped our list of salads.
Classic Chicken SaladCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Classic Chicken Salad is sweet, savory and satisfying. Just need to a few ingredients in the kitchen, they can be transformed easily into a cold, creamy salad.
3 chicken breasts
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2/3 c. mayonnaise
1 green apple, chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 tbsp. chopped dill, for garnish
6 sprigs dill (optional)
6 slices lemon (optional)
Freshly cracked black pepper
- How to Poach Chicken
- In a large pot, arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer. (If using, place lemon slices and dill sprigs on chicken)
- Pour water over the chicken breasts, covering by at least an inch. Bring water to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the center of the chicken reaches 165° with an instant read thermometer (If you don’t have a thermometer, check that the thickest part of the chicken is opaque).
- How to make Salad
- Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, apple, onion and celery.
- In a medium bowl, add mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over chicken mixture and toss. Garnish with dill. Ready for serving.