Pan Seared Scallops Over Spinach Cobb Salad
Pan Seared Scallops Over Spinach Cobb SaladCourse: SeafoodCuisine: Paleo
- For the Salad
4 slices sugar free uncured bacon
2-3 large handfuls baby spinach
1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
1 medium avocado
- For the Scallops
8 sea scallops 1/2 lb thawed if previously frozen
Bacon fat saved from cooking the bacon
Coarse sea salt
- For the Lemon Vinaigrette
1 tbsp and 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1-2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook the bacon in a large cast iron pan over med-hi heat until crisp, drain on paper towel and set aside. Reserve a couple of tbsp of bacon fat to cook the scallops.
- Prepare the salad by arranging spinach, avocado (sliced to preference) tomatoes, and cooled/crumbled bacon in a serving bowl or platter and set aside.
- Prepare the scallops. Heat a large cast iron pan over med-hi heat and add the reserved bacon fat
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towel and sprinkle with black pepper. Sprinkle a small amount of coarse sea salt over the bottom of the pan.
- Once the fat begins to smoke, add the scallops to the pan one by one, and let cook on the first side about 2-3 minutes depending on thickness.
- After the first side is brown and crisp, flip each scallop and cook about 2 more minutes, or until opaque (just cooked through.) Immediately remove the scallops from heat and arrange over the salad.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and drizzle over the salad just before serving.