Basil Pesto Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Bake
Basil Pesto Tomato Mozzarella Chicken BakeCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Dinner, Mediterranean
8 oz fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup basil pesto
2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium size casserole pan, place chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and top with minced garlic.
- Spread basil pesto evenly over each chicken breast.
- Add tomato slices on top.
- Add thickly sliced fresh Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 F in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, the cooking time depends on the thickness of breasts.
- When serving, top each chicken breast with fresh chopped basil, and a fresh slice of tomato. Pour the juices from the bottom of the casserole pan over pasta or rice.