Cheesy Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole
Serving something delicious for whole family on dinning table, have you had any ideas? Look no further. Here, I have great dish for you. Cheesy Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole! It is the best of the best choice for your meal. The simple reason, the perfect combination among ingredients, which are potatoes, sausage, milk, cheddar cheese, butter, flour, and other add-ingredients. All of them work well in one skillet that make a tasty dish with strong of flavor. It is not exaggerating to say that they are created for each other.
This dish are not only delicious but also easy to make. The detailed instructions with clear and simple steps, you will easily have the best delicious Cheesy Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole ever. Just taking a try the first time, it promises keep you satisfied about all, from flavor to color. So great!
If you love eating sausage, the recipe is good way to go. Besides, save the recipe on your hand, it means you will have more ideas to vary your meal more diverse, don’t have to think about what to eat for today, or don’t have to cook the same dish again and again. Moreover, you will have chance to show your cooking skill with the simple recipe. Let’s save its recipe on your cooking handbook and turn it into your own.
Cheesy Potato & Smoked Sausage CasseroleCourse: Dinner, Main CourseCuisine: American
3 cups peeled cubed Russet potatoes, boiled until soft but not mushy
1 lb smoked sausage, thinly sliced
2 cups half & half or milk
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese cubed
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, sauté the sausage with 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, flipping and stirring until t browned a bit.
- Lightly spray a 9×13″ baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Transfer the cooked potatoes and sausage to a casserole dish. Stirring just enough to evenly distribute.
- Turn the heat up to medium, add the butter to the skillet. When melted, whisk in the flour. Cook about a minute, whisking constantly, to get rid of the floury taste. Slowly add in the half and half, 1/4-1/2 cup at a time, whisking constantly until evenly incorporated. Continue cooking until thickened.
- Stir in the Velveeta, paprika, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally until completely melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce evenly out over the potatoes and meat. Evenly sprinkle the shredded cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender and the casserole is golden brown on top.