Chicken Breasts with Pasta in Creamy White Wine Parmesan Cheese Sauce
Chicken Breasts with Pasta in Creamy White Wine Parmesan Cheese SauceCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Italian
- For Cooking Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (halved horizontally and paper towel dried)
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
¼ teaspoon black pepper
12 oz of spaghetti
- White Wine Parmesan Sauce
4 tablespoons butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 scallions, chopped
2 small tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon flour
1 small yellow onion (or use 1/2 onion) chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup white wine
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt more, to taste
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preparing Chicken Breasts
- Make sure to cut chicken breasts horizontally to make them thin. Use paper towel dry the chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Stir well to blend. Using a fork or tongs, coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture by pressing into the mixture with tongs and then flipping the chicken over to coat the other side. Set aside.
- Cooking Chicken Breasts
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, place flour coated chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, turning once between cooking, about 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add butter, diced yellow onion and minced garlic cloves to pan. Cook on medium high until onions and garlic are translucent, about 2 minutes. Next add chopped scallions and tomatoes. Add 1 tablespoon flour to pan and whisk to combine.
- Now add heavy cream, wine, Italian Seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes. Bring mixture to a simmering point and then add ½ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Use a whisk or a wooden spoon and mix it in until you have a smooth mixture.
- Cooking Pasta according to your package instructions in salty water. Drain, but do not rinse.
- Final Assembly
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet with the sauce and stir to combine on low heat for 2-4 minutes. Taste and add salt, if needed. Return chicken to skillet on top of the pasta and allow it to warm up for an additional 5 minutes.