Italian Sausage and Peppers
Italian Sausage and PeppersCourse: Main Course
2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 package Johnsonville Naturals Mild Italian Sausage
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large pan and heat over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Add sausages and cook until browned on all sides. Remove sausage from pan, set aside.
- Add onion and peppers to grease left in pan and cook over medium heat until softened. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Slice sausage into 1 to 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Return sausage to pan along with all other ingredients.
- Cook for 5 – 10 minutes, until sausage is cooked through and sauce is thickened.
- Serve on hoagie rolls, if desired.