Vegan Teriyaki Grilled Eggplant
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup liquid aminos
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons granulated swerve
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Combine sesame oil, liquid aminos, garlic, ginger, and swerve into a sauce pan and whisk together over medium heat.
- Bring the sauce to a light simmer, stirring frequently until it begins to thicken slightly. Remove from heat.
- Remove the stems from the eggplants and slice into 1/8 in slices. You will get approximately five full slices from each eggplant for a total of ten slices.
- Brush each slice of eggplant with the teriyaki sauce and place on a hot grill.
- Sear each side, brushing with more sauce as it caramelizes.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve with remaining sauce.