Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce
Baked Tortellini with Meat SauceCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Italian
18 ounces three bridges triple cheese tortellini
1 15-ounce container three bridges heirloom marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 teaspoons olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup diced white onion
1 pound ground beef
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Coat a 6 cup or larger baking dish with cooking spray. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat with a spatula, until done, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the pan with the beef and heat until warmed through.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to coat.
- Spoon the pasta into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.