Cheese Tortellini with Butter, Mushrooms, and Crispy Sage
Cheese Tortellini with Butter, Mushrooms, and Crispy SageCourse: Main CourseCuisine: American
7 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil water for the tortellini and cook it according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, prep the mushrooms and the sage.
- When the tortellini is about 6-7 minutes from being ready, add 1 tbsp of the butter and the olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the sage. Cook it for about a minute until it crisps up. Take it out of the pan, set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and another tablespoon of the butter to the pan. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the mushrooms are nicely browned.
- Add the drained tortellini, remaining butter, parmesan cheese, and sage to the pan. Toss until everything’s nicely coated. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.