Chickpea OmeletteCourse: BreakfastCuisine: American, gluten free, vegan
1/4 cup chickpea flour
1/3 cup water
1 tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegetables of choice
1 tbsp oil, for frying
- Mix chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, salt and water and stir until there are no lumps.
- Dice up whatever veggies you want to add to your omelette. (about ¼ cup of veggies per omelette).
- Add oil to a well-seasoned iron skillet or a non-stick frying pan and saute the veggies on medium-low for about 3-5 minutes until they become tender.
- Remove the veggies and add them to the batter and give the batter another stir.
- Turn up the heat to medium and pour the batter in the skillet like you would a large pancake and cook for about 5 minutes until the top of the omelette no longer looks wet.
- Carefully loosen up the omelette with a spatula and flip the omelette to the other side and cook for 3-5 more minutes until it is no longer soft in the middle. (Make sure there is no wet batter left in the center).
- Top with cheese and fold over so that the cheese is in the middle.