Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
Cinnamon Sugar Donut MuffinsCourse: DessertCuisine: American
- For The Muffins
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/3 Cup Butter, Melted and Cooled
- For The Topping
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
5 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a small bowl beat the egg. Add the milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter and mix well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened, being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups about 1/2 – 3/4 of the way full. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- For the topping: In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar. In another small bowl melt the 5 Tablespoons of butter.
- Dip the muffins into the butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.