Creamy Ravioli Soup
Creamy Ravioli SoupCourse: Blog
3 tablespoons butter
3 carrots, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
6 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon salt
1 package frozen ravioli
1 cup milk (not skim)
½ onion, diced
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup flour
¼ – ½ bag frozen spinach
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, carrots, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Clear a hole in the center of the pan and add garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the flour until combined. Slowly add the vegetable broth in small batches while continuing to whisk vigorously, ensuring that no clumps of flour form.
- Bring the soup to a boil. When boiling, add frozen ravioli and spinach. Lower heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the ravioli is tender.
- Add the milk and bring to a low boil for 5 minutes, until the soup is smooth and thickened. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.