Crispy and Baked Toasted Ravioli
Crispy and Baked Toasted RavioliCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Italian
1 12-oz package refrigerated ravioli
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp water
1 tsp dried basil
Olive oil spray or cooking spray
Marinara sauce or desired dipping sauce
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp dried chopped onion
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Heat oven to 400F. Place an oven-safe wire rack on a baking sheet. Spray rack with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, add egg and water and whisk until egg yolk, egg white, and water are evenly combined and mixture is light.
- In a separate bowl, add breadcrumbs, onion, basil, parsley, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes and stir or whisk until combined.
- Dip each ravioli in the bowl with the egg mixture, and then coat ravioli with breadcrumb mixture, pressing breadcrumbs onto the ravioli to help them adhere. Place ravioli on the rack. Repeat for all ravioli. Once all on the tray, spray ravioli with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until ravioli are golden brown and crisp. Remove and let ravioli cool for a minute or two before serving with warm marinara sauce (or your favorite sauce).