Foil Pack Sausage and Veggies
Foil Pack Sausage and VeggiesCourse: DinnerCuisine: American
- Foil Packs
Heavy Duty Foil
3 corn on the cobs, sliced
16 ounces Smoked Turkey or Chicken Sausage, coined
4 cloves minced garlic
2 cups (~3/4 pound) baby red potatoes, quartered
2 cups (~3/4 pound) green beans, trimmed
4-6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon each: garlic powder and onion powder
1 and 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
Salt and pepper
Optional: fresh parsley, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- If using the oven; preheat the oven to 425 F. If grilling, prepare the grill by heating to medium-high heat. Prepare 4-6 large sheets of heavy duty foil; lightly spritz with cooking spray.
- Prep the ingredients: Wash and dry the veggies. Coin the sausage. Slice the baby red potatoes in half and then half again. Trim the green beans. Shuck the corn on the cobs and slice into thick coins.
- In a large bowl, add the prepped sausage, corn, green beans, potatoes and garlic. Toss with all of the seasonings: paprika, dried parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and a generous sprinkle of salt, and pepper, if desired. Toss until well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared sheets of foil (4 sheets of foil for larger portions and 6 for slightly smaller portions) and place 1 tablespoon of butter in each packet or prepared baking pan (separate pats of butter evenly on top). Seal the foil packs tightly so no air escapes, but do not double up foil (only one sheet of foil per pack).
- Grill: Grill for 25-30 minutes or until veggies have reached desired tenderness.
- Bake in Foil Packs: Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Bake On Sheet Pan: Bake for about 30-35 minutes, flipping/stirring the ingredients once at the halfway point.
- Carefully open the foil pack expecting steam to be released. Garnish if desired with fresh chopped parsley, any additional salt/pepper, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese on the beans, potatoes, and sausage.