Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
Hashbrown Breakfast CasseroleCourse: BreakfastCuisine: American
16 oz bacon, diced (can also use ham, sausage, veggies, etc.)
4 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
6 oz Swiss or Gruyere cheese, shredded
1 onion, diced
16 oz small curd cottage cheese either 4% or 1% is fine
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp hot sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon and cook until nice and crispy. Add onions and cook until translucent. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Add hash browns, shredded cheese, cottage cheese, bacon and onions.
- Mix until combined.
- Scoop mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 35- 45 minutes or until center is set. Let casserole rest for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with snipped fresh chives, if desired.