Instant Pot Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
Instant Pot Chicken and Sausage JambalayaCourse: Main Course, CajunCuisine: American
2 tablespoons oil, divided
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon granulated sugar
3 green onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
3 ribs celery, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Cajun seasonings
1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
12 ounces andouille sausages cut into 1/4 in. thick slices
1 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- Turn instant pot to sauté setting. Add oil. Once hot, add sausage slices, cooking until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel, lined plate.
- Add remaining oil to the pot.
- Add the chicken and cook for 1 minute, scraping up the browned bits from the sausage. Turn instant pot off. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the Cajun seasoning, dried basil, thyme, sugar and rice. Stir to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juices, chicken broth, and salt.
- Secure the instant pot lid and turn valve to sealing.
- Cook on Manual High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- Carefully open the lid and gently fluff the rice with a fork. Add the sausages on top of the rice and return the IP lid to let the mixture rest for an additional 5 minutes. Stir lightly and enjoy!