Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Instant Pot Pulled PorkCourse: DinnerCuisine: American BBQ
4lb Pork Butt Roast, boneless or bone-in
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp liquid smoke
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 – 1 cup of BBQ sauce.
3 tbs light brown sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Trim fat from pork roast and cut into 4 same size chunks.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together. Add pork roast chunks to rub mix and coat well.
- Add 2 tbs olive oil to Instant Pot and set to sauté. Once it indicates hot, add 2 pieces of the pork. Sear on each side for about 2 minutes each. Remove pork and set aside on a plate. Repeat with remaining pork pieces.
- Once pork is seared and removed from pot, press cancel and add 1/2 cup chicken broth. Use a wooden spoon and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Make sure to scrape up all the bits. Then add remaining chicken broth. Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke.
- Place pork chunks directly into the liquid in the pot, spacing out as best possible. Secure lid and make sure vent is set to sealing. Pressure cook/manual on high pressure for 60 minutes. Then let pressure release naturally for 20 minutes or until pin drops.
- Remove pork to a large bowl and shred with 2 forks. Add your favorite BBQ sauce as desired.