Instant Pot Tortellini Alfredo
Instant Pot Tortellini AlfredoCourse: DinnerCuisine: Italian
3 slices Bacon, chopped
2 Chicken Breasts (boneless/skinless) cut in thirds
1/2 small Sweet Onion (or 1 lrg shallot), diced
4 cloves Garlic, pressed or minced (or 1-2 tsp garlic powder)
1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
20 oz Tortellini, pesto or cheese is good (refrigerated)
3/4 cup Heavy Cream
1/4 tsp Coarse Salt (more to taste)
1/2 tsp Pepper
4 oz Cream Cheese, cut in small pieces
- To Finish
3 cups Fresh Baby Spinach
1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Turn on the pot’s sauté setting. Add the bacon and cook until about halfway done, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion and cook a few minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir.
- Stir in the broth, scraping the bottom of the pot to get up all of the browned bits.
- Stir in the heavy cream, salt, pepper, and the tortellini.
- Place the chicken on top of the pasta.
- Place the lid on the pot and lock in place. Turn the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
- Cancel the sauté setting.
- When the cook cycle ends, do a controlled Quick Release of the pressure
- When the pin in the lid drops down, open the lid. Add the cream cheese and stir gently and allow the cheese to melt.
- Add the spinach and gently stir. Let it start to wilt, then gently stir in the parmesan.