Keto Chicken Philly Cheesesteak
Keto Chicken Philly CheesesteakCourse: Main CourseCuisine: American
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small strips
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 green pepper, sliced
7 slices provolone cheese
1 onion sliced
3 tablespoons butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
- In a hot cast iron skillet, melt one tablespoon of butter and add peppers, onion, and garlic.
- Sauté until the onions and peppers are translucent then remove veggies from the skillet. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the cast iron skillet then add chicken, Italian seasoning, and salt/pepper.
- Allow to sear on each side, then cover and cook on medium-low until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Once the chicken is done, add the pepper, onion, and garlic back to the skillet. Cook on low for 2 minutes.
- Place provolone cheese slices on top of the chicken and veggie mixture to cover, and then place the skillet in the oven on broil for 1-3 minutes until the cheese is melted thoroughly.