Lemon Herb Chicken Breasts
Lemon Herb Chicken BreastsCourse: DinnerCuisine: American
4 large chicken breasts (skinless + boneless)
- For the Lemon Herb Marinade
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp oregano
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp chilli/red pepper flakes
2 tsp salt
- Place the chicken breasts between two layers of parchment/baking paper and flatten out slightly with a meat mallet/rolling pin.
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients.
- Place the chicken in a glass container and pour over the marinade. Mix to make sure the chicken is well-coated then cover and allow to marinade for at least 20 minutes but up to 24 hours, refrigerated.
- To cook the chicken breasts, heat a skillet, pan or grill then add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and cover with foil, take rest for at 5-10 minutes before serving.