Lobster Ravioli in a Lemon Butter Cream Sauce
Lobster Ravioli in a Lemon Butter Cream SauceCourse: Dinner, Main DishCuisine: American
2 tablespo2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
ons Asiago cheese
1 large shallot, finely diced
1 teaspoon lemon juice or limoncello
1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
1 package won ton wrappers
1 lb lobster tail meat 2 cups cooked/diced or 4 small tails
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup ricotta
- Lemon Butter (Limoncello) Cream Sauce
4 tablespoons limoncello or use lemon juice in place of limoncello
1 stick of salted butter 1/2 cup cut into 1/2″ cubes
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup heavy cream
garnish: finely chopped parsley
- Make Lobster Filling
- Boil the lobster: To cook small 8 oz tails, bring 6 cups salted water to boiling in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the lobster tails. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 – 10 minutes or until shells turn bright red, the meat is not translucent, and the tails will curve. Drain in a colander, cool, remove the meat from the shells (discard), and dice into 1/2″ pieces.
- In a medium saute pan, heat olive oil and saute the diced shallot for two minutes. Add the diced cooked lobster and parsley, and stir until mixed for 2 more minutes, let cool down.
- Add the lobster meat mixture into a bowl, add lemon juice (or limoncello), ricotta, Asiago cheese, and mascarpone. Mix until combined.
- Make Lobster Ravioli
- Take 1 wonton wrapper, place on a board and fill with 1 teaspoon of the lobster filling.
- Place another wonton wrapper on top, press down to push the air out, and cut with a ravioli. Wonton ravioli can be cut into shapes: round, square, or heart using an inexpensive ravioli cutters, and the cutter will seal the edges.
- If you don’t have a cutter, simply place the teaspoon of filling onto one wonton sheet, and fold into a triangle corner to corner, and press the air out, and press edges closed with your fingers.
- Place all filled ravioli onto a parchment lined tray, and brush with melted butter.
- Bake Ravioli 400 degrees for 10 minutes. The edges of the ravioli will brown slightly, and get a crispy edge.
- Make Lemon Butter Cream Sauce
- In a small pan, simmer the limoncello, lemon juice, and whisk in the cubed butter until well combined, then pour in heavy cream, whisk to mix and turn off heat.
- Drizzle sauce over baked lobster ravioli, and garnish with finely chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.