One-Pan Pesto Chicken, Tortellini, and Veggies
One-Pan Pesto Chicken, Tortellini, and VeggiesCourse: Main CourseCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
1 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless, sliced into strips
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes drained of oil, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes yellow and red, halved
1 cup tortellini uncooked
1 lb asparagus ends trimmed, cut in half
1/4 cup basil pesto or use more
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add sliced chicken thighs (seasoned with salt), 1/4 cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes and cook everything on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, turning chicken slices over a couple of times, until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and the sun-dried from the skillet, leaving the oil in.
- Add asparagus (ends trimmed), seasoned generously with salt, and 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes to the same skillet.
- Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the asparagus is cooked through. Remove the asparagus to a serving plate.
- Cook tortellini according to the package instructions, drain.
- Add cooked chicken back to the skillet. Add basil pesto. Stir to coat and cook on low-medium heat until the chicken is reheated, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked tortellini and halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet with the chicken. Stir to combine. Add more pesto if desired.
- Season with more salt if needed.
- Add chicken, cherry tomatoes and tortellini to the serving plate with asparagus.