One Pan Sausage, Broccoli and Pasta
There is nothing better than having an easy and delicious dish for wholesome dinner with herb and parmesan pasta, ground Italian sausage and broccoli, all are cooked in just one pan. And One Pan Sausage, Broccoli And Pasta is its name. It is perfect for all, from taste, flavor or color. Of course, it is great for you!
This one pan pasta is a feel-good comfort food without the heavy creams or cream-based sauces. Instead, you will use a variety of herbs that make its own flavor. The recipe is the perfect combination of all those herbs, the spicy Italian sausage, and the parmesan cheese. With this dish you’ll find there’s tons of flavor with far less calories.
This dinner is crazy fast, super easy, and packed with flavor! It is great if you make it and serve it for your dinner today. So, let save it on your cookbook and make it. Start now.
One Pan Sausage, Broccoli and PastaCourse: DinnerCuisine: American
1 package (16 ounces) ground Italian sausage
3-4 tablespoons olive oil, separated
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 package (12 ounces) Barilla Pronto noodles (rotini is recommended)
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound broccoli stems removed; coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
3 cups chicken stock or chicken broth
Optional: fresh parsley for garnish, squeeze of lemon, pinch of red pepper flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
- In a larger nonstick pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add in the Italian sausage and break it up as cook. Stir around until completely cooked through and then move the sausage to the edges of the pan.
- Add in the chopped broccoli and sauté until crisp tender. Toss with the sausage and then transfer to a plate.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat and add in one more tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the garlic, dried parsley flakes, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, about 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and about 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add in the chicken stock. Mix well. Pour the entire box of rotini noodles on top of the stock and stir until just combined.
- Turn the heat up to high (no need to cover the pan) and set your timer for 8 minutes.
- At 8 minutes, check on the pasta. Stir if needed. Test for doneness and if not done, allow to cook for 1-2 additional minutes.
- Add the sausage and broccoli back in. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and optional garnishes: parsley, lemon, and/or red pepper flakes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.