Ravioli with sauteed asparagus and walnuts
I love ravioli and asparagus. In my daily meal, I eat so many vegetable. But, when I think about changing new veggies, I choose asparagus. For myself, I also don’t know the reason why the asparagus to be my favorite now. Maybe, it is versatile and easy to combined with other ingredients.
About ravioli, it is not only my favorite taste, but also is my kids favorite. So, I will have to the same dish that fit both. And I found the dish that have everything I need. Ravioli with Sauteed Asparagus and Walnuts!
This dish is exactly that- full of flavor, quick to make and I can have dinner on the table in 15 minutes. So simple and fast. fresh store bought ravioli is cooked and then tossed with asparagus that has been sautéed in a simple butter and lemon sauce.
A little bit of grated parmesan cheese, minced parsley and crunchy walnuts are added at the end – just give it a toss and I am ready to eat. What about you?
If you also love the dish, let save it on hand, make and enjoy with family. It promises keep you amazed.
Ravioli with sauteed asparagus and walnutsCourse: DinnerCuisine: Italian
1 – 8 oz package of fresh ravioli
½ pound of asparagus, snap off the tough ends, chop asparagus into thirds or smaller.
¼ cup walnut pieces
2 tbs minced parsley
1 half lemon, about 2 tablespoons
2 tbs grated parmesan, plus some to serve.
2 tbs butter
6 twists of pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, chop asparagus into thirds (snap off tough white ends and discard). Mince parsley, squeeze lemon and measure out walnuts and butter.
- In a large sauté pan with a lid over medium heat, melt 2 tbs of butter until frothy. Add chopped asparagus to the pan, stir slightly to coat the asparagus with butter and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 4 – 5 minutes, depending on thickness of asparagus.
- While asparagus is cooking, add ravioli to boiling water and cook as per the package instructions. Drain and add to a bowl.
- In the pan, add the lemon juice and black pepper to the asparagus and increase the heat to high. Cook and stir the asparagus and butter with the lemon juice for 30 seconds to create a light butter lemon sauce. Remove from heat.
- In the bowl, add the asparagus and butter lemon sauce to the cooked ravioli.
- Add walnuts, parsley and 2 tbs parmesan cheese, toss gently to combine.