Shrimp Boil Foil Packs
Shrimp Boil Foil PacksCourse: Main CourseCuisine: American
2 ears of corn on the cob, husked
1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1/2 pound andouille sausage
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
3 tablespoons old bay seasoning, or homemade seasoning
1 pound baby red potatoes, or baby yellow potatoes
3 tablespoons butter melted + 1/2 cup, divided
juice of 1/2 lemon, plus lemon wedges for serving
chopped fresh parsley, for topping
salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop corn into thirds, then chop each third in half lengthwise. Chop potatoes into 2 inch pieces. Boil corn and potatoes, for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, sausage, corn, and potatoes. Stir together melted 3 tablespoons butter, Old Bay seasoning, garlic, juice from half a lemon, and salt and pepper to taste and pour over shrimp, sausage, and veggies. Stir to coat.
- Divide between four 12×12 inch sheets of aluminum foil. Fold edges of foil up around the food to create a closed packet.
- Cook on preheated grill over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 5-6 minutes on the second side. Bake the packets, for 15-20 minutes, until corn is tender and shrimp are pink and fully cooked.
- While packets are cooking, melt remaining butter in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Once melted, continue to stir gently over medium heat, for 3-4 minutes longer until color changes from pale yellow to a golden amber
- Serve shrimp boil packs topped with chopped parsley, lemon wedges for squeezing, and browned butter for drizzling over the top or dipping.