Simple Breakfast Braid
Simple Breakfast BraidCourse: BreakfastCuisine: American
4 large eggs
1/4 cup half-n-half
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
8 ounce tube refrigerated seamless crescent roll dough sheet
3-4 teaspoons mustard
8 slices thin deli ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Follow these directions for The Best Scrambled Eggs.
- Unroll the dough sheet onto the prepared baking sheet. Cut 10 slits (on each of the long sides) about two-thirds of the way in, leaving the center one-third uncut.
- Spread the mustard along the center of dough. Top with the ham, scrambled eggs, and cheese. Crisscross the dough strips over the filling so that you get a braided pattern, making sure the filing is secure and the dough adheres to each other.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Before serving, let rest for 5 minutes at room temperature.