Spinach Ravioli with Mushroom
Spinach Ravioli with MushroomCourse: Appetizers, Dinner, Lunch, Side Dish
- For the Ravioli
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup water (150 ml)
1 1/4 cup flour* (150 g)
1 1/4 cup semolina flour (150 g) (or sub more regular flour)
- For the Spinach Filling
7 oz frozen spinach (200 g), thawed
5 tbsp Vegan Parmesan (50 g), grated
3,5 oz plant-based cream cheese (100 g) (or cashew ricotta*)
salt, pepper (to taste)
- For the Mushrooms
10 oz mushrooms (300 g)
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp soy sauce
salt, pepper, to taste
- Pasta dough
- Mix the flour, semolina and salt. Pour in water and olive oil and knead to a smooth dough.
- Then shape the dough into a ball, wrap in cling foil and place in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour.
- Spinach filling
- Thaw spinach, squeeze to remove excess water and chop.
- Add vegan parmesan, plant-based cream cheese / ricotta and the spices. Mix everything and season to taste.
- To make ravioli
- Roll out the prepared pasta dough thinly on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out circles with a round form. Place approx. 1 tbsp of the spinach filling in the center of each circle. Brush the sides with a bit of water and fold over the filling into half circles. Carefully seal with your fingers and then press down lightly with a fork.
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Let the ravioli slide in and simmer for 3-4 minutes until they float to the surface.
- Then remove with a foam ladle and drain.
- Fried mushrooms
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms for about 3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add chopped garlic and roast for about 30 seconds more. Then deglaze with soy sauce, reduce the heat and sauté for further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the drained ravioli. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh herbs. Ready for serving.