Tortellini in Cream Sauce with Spinach and Sundried Tomatoes
Tortellini in Cream Sauce with Spinach and Sundried TomatoesCourse: Main CourseCuisine: American, Italian
⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound cheese tortellini
1¼ cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 clove garlic, minced
5 ounces baby spinach, thinly sliced
7 ounce ar sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Bring to a boil the tortellini according to the package directions.
- Prepare sauce while the tortellini is cooking.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir until it has absorbed the melted butter, becomes a paste and begins to smell nutty. Slowly whisk in the heavy cream, then add the salt and Parmesan cheese. Allow to simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes, then transfer the cooked and drained tortellini to the skillet, gently stirring to coat the tortellini with the sauce.