Creamy Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken
Creamy Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato ChickenCourse: DinnerCuisine: Italian
1 1/2 pounds (700 grams) large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
1 teaspoon salt, to taste
3/4 teaspoon black cracked pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons reserved sun dried tomato oil or olive oil, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- For The Sauce
2 tablespoons minced garlic 6 cloves
3 cups spinach
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, to serve
5 oz 150g jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil drained
1 1/2 cups heavy or thickened cream
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the reserved sun dried tomato oil. Sear the chicken for 6-8 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through (should work in batches). Transfer to a warm plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil into the pan and fry the garlic until fragrant, for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add in the sun dried tomatoes. Fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavors. Mix the Dijon through all of the flavors.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream (or evaporated milk) and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, then add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
- Add the chicken back into the pan; top with parsley and serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.