Crispy Baked Parmesan Asparagus Fries
Crispy Baked Parmesan Asparagus FriesCourse: Appetizers, Side DishCuisine: American
1 lb asparagus stalks trimmed (choose the regular stalks)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
2 large eggs, whisked
cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a three-quarter baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread with a thin layer panko crumbs evenly across the lined baking sheet. Spray panko crumbs surface with cooking oil spray.
- Bake panko crumbs for about 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and let cool. Turn oven heat to 425F.
- Once bread crumbs are cooled, mix in 1/2 cup parmesan cheese while panko remains on the pan. Then spread out mixture evenly across baking sheet again. Line a separate three quarter baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a container long enough to fit asparagus, pour in whisked eggs.
- Coat asparagus lightly in egg. Shake off excess egg and then lightly coat asparagus in flour. Tap asparagus a few times against container to shake off excess flour. Coat asparagus in egg again and shake off excess egg. Place asparagus in panko mixture and press panko crumbs onto the asparagus. Set coated asparagus aside on empty lined baking sheet. Repeat until all asparagus is used up.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 425F, or until asparagus is cooked and the outside coating is crispy. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.