Key Lime Poke Cake
If you are finding something tangy-and-sweet, light, and airy cake, you are on the right place. That is Key Lime Poke Cake. It is refreshing cake with plenty of zippy lime flavor. It’s light, airy, fresh, refreshing, not dry in the least, and there’s plenty of lime flavor without it overpowering the cake or making is taste sour. It is perfect for summer parties, picnics, and potlucks.
Key Lime Poke CakeCourse: CakeCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Key Lime Poke Cake is tangy-and-sweet, light, and airy cake. It is refreshing cake with plenty of zippy lime flavor.
1/2 c. sliced strawberries
1 small lime, thinly sliced
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. heavy cream
1/3 c. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 box vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. grated lime zest, divided
2 drops green food coloring (optional)
3 c. whipped cream
Cooking spray, for pan
All-purpose flour, for pan
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Make cake mix (according to package instructions): Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Using the bottom of a spoon, poke holes all over cake.
- Make filling: In a medium bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, lime juice and 1 tablespoon lime zest. Fold in food coloring, if using.
- Pour filling over poke holes and spread with a spatula. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with remaining 2 tsp. lime zest, strawberries, and limes.