If you are a chicken lover, today is your lucky day! This Mississippi Chicken recipe is everything what you need, it is packed with flavor to seal the deal and clean up quickly. It really exemplifies what an easy dinner, just simple is you can get this from the fridge to the oven with a short of time, for about 10 minutes or less. It is a little bit cheesy, a little bit tangy and an all around good dinner. It is great, right?
In this one dish meal, tender chicken breasts are flavored with ranch seasoning, then covered in banana peppers and topped with butter and cheese for a simple but flavorful meal that you can treat your whole family.
It is not only perfect for normal eater, but also great for those whom are following diet process. So, it is as a bonus that contains super low carb and can easily be made gluten free to cater to maintain your diet.
Let light up your dinning table today with this Mississippi Chicken recipe, it is promises keep your family amazed. Get start!
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp ranch seasoning
1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 jar (16 oz) banana peppers, drained
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Arrange the chicken in the bottom of a large casserole dish
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning over the top of the chicken as evenly as possible.
- Next spread the banana peppers over the ranch seasoning. The peppers shouldn’t have too much liquid left.
- Then top the banana peppers with pats of butter. Top it all evenly with the shredded cheese.
- Bake on the middle rack in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temperature.)
- Serve hot over rice, cauli rice, sautéed greens, or with your favorite sides. Check above for more serving suggestions.