Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Garlic Sauce
Have you ever tried eat something delicious that made from scallops yet ? If not yet, let try with Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Garlic Sauce in the recipe today. It is one of the best choice for your dinner.
The simple reason, it is packed with taste, flavor, and nutrients as well. I often make the dish to treat all member in family. Everyone love eating it, especially my husband. When serving, it is gone very quick. And now, it is in regular rotation of daily meals.
The recipe is easy to make with the perfect combination of scallops, olive oil, butter, garlic, lemon juice, heavy cream, and others. Besides, the recipe is incredibly easy to make with easy to find ingredients, detailed instructions, minimal steps, and a quick of about 40 minutes! And then, you easily have a delicious and easy dish to treat family.
Whether you are not much good at cooking, you will easily make it without any efforts. Just cooking at the first time, you will fall in love by all, from taste to color. Believe me, the recipe promises keep you amazed. The best things of the recipe is ahead, let take it a try!
Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Garlic SauceCourse: EntreeCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Garlic Sauce is the perfect combination of scallops, olive oil, butter, garlic, lemon juice, heavy cream, and others. the recipe is incredibly easy to make with easy to find ingredients, detailed instructions, minimal steps, and a quick of about 40 minutes!
1/3 cup kosher salt, (90g, 3 ounces)
4 cups ice cubes
1 pound scallops, (454g) U15 size, 14 to 16 per pound
1 cup hot water, (240ml)
- Pan Seared Scallops
2 tablespoons olive oil, (30ml)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, (30g, 1 ounce)
1 tablespoon dijon mustard, (15ml)
2 tablespoons lemon juice, (30ml)
2 tablespoons heavy cream, (30ml)
1 tablespoon minced garlic, (8g)
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon chopped dill
black pepper, as needed for seasoning
- In a medium bowl, add salt and hot water together, stir until mostly dissolved. Add ice cubes, once the water is cold, add scallops.
- Brine scallops for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a sheet pan lined with paper towels.
- Place another sheet of paper towel on top of scallops, gently pressing until each piece is dry. The drier the scallops, the better the sear.
- Let scallops rest for 10 minutes at room temperature before cooking. And lightly season both sides with salt.
- Pan Seared Scallops
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Once hot, add scallops to the pan in a single layer.
- Gently press scallops with a spatula.
- Pan sear until golden brown on the surface without moving, about 3 minutes.
- Add butter to the pan and cook until melt.
- Flip scallops over, use and spoon to baste with butter, tilting the pan as needed and cook until firm but tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a clean plate.
- Using the same pan to cook the scallops, turn the heat up to medium.
- Add in garlic and sauté until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add in lemon juice and lemon zest, scrape the pan to remove any browned bits and stir into the sauce, cook about 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in Dijon mustard. Add in cream and whisk to combine.
- Add scallops back to the pan, and warm over low heat, 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped dill and black pepper. Ready for serving.